Re: libstdc++ testsuite fixes, 1

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:05:56PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> thanks Zack.
>
> > If you build using a relative pathname to get from the object to the
> > source directory, testsuite_flags --build-includes will generate -I
> > switches which are relative to the top level of the libstdc++ build
> > directory.  runtest executes one level below (in the testsuite
> > directory), therefore all the paths are wrong, and the test suite
> > can't find any headers and blows up horribly.
>
> kay. I didn't see this, but that just means I am configuring/building
> differently. What's your setup?

I use this script:

#! /bin/sh
srcdir=`dirname $0`
set -ex
$srcdir/configure --without-included-gettext --prefix=$HOME/inst \
	--enable-threads=posix >Lc 2>&1
/usr/bin/time make bootstrap >Lb 2>&1
/usr/bin/time make -k check >Lk 2>&1

It sits at the top level of the source tree.  I run it from the build
tree using a relative path:

~/b/gcc_vanilla $ ../../src/gcc_vanilla/build-it

The key thing, I think, is that configure is invoked by a relative
path, not an absolute one.

I've managed to get lost wrt what everyone wants to do instead of my
patch.  Can I just assume that someone else will fix this and I can
forget about it?

--
zw    The master came to a yatai which was selling hot dogs. 'What do you
      want on your hot dog?' he was asked. 'Nothing,' he replied. Then the