Re: doxygen + char_traits, patch

> Some of these changes were already in my local tree (the INPUT one I
> hadn't thought of).  I'd like to leave GENERATE_TREEVIEW on, though,
> unless you're really against it.  I've grown to like that second pane.

Ok. Can we either have the left-hand pane or the top pane, but not both?
I don't really care which one bites it, but it would be nice if there was
only one.

I checked in changes that generate a mainpage. Check it out and let me
know what you think.

Hmm. I started playing around with various kinds of documenting. To be
quite honest,

EXTRACT_ALL            = YES

Seems to give better results than explicitly tagging with ///> \fn, etc.
Plus, then all the sources don't have to be tagged....ugh. Thus, I've
enabled it (again).

If I'm stepping on your toes here, just revert my preferences. I think
it's easier to see what's going on by just checking in and re-generating.
This sounds prett lazy, as I write this....oops.

What I really wanted to do (but couldn't figure out in my testing with
char_traits) included the following:

1) make a specializations group, so that it was obvious that
char_traits<_CharT>
char_traits<char>
char_traits<wchar_t>

were all related. In an ideal world, this would be at the top of the file.

2) is there a way to "inline" the html generated by the "List of all
members" link? That would be most useful. I think the page would look better.

3) is there a way to remove the "Referenced by to_char_type()." bits for
every member function and typedef? Not especially useful, and takes up a
lot of space.

4) is there more typographic control over what is bold, what is
highlighted, etc? I find the bolds pretty distracting, although I'll
admit after I figured out how to navigate the docs even the current form
is pretty useful. I'd be interested being able to set bold to italics, or
bolds to <h3> or whatever. For instance in the "Member Typedef
Documentation" section, I'd like the actual typedefs to stand out (ie,
char_type) instead of the template forward declaration (bold) or line
number (blue) or file (blue again).

5) I'd like to get rid of

Public Types

Static Public Method

bits since they are empty. Can't figure this out.

Anyway. I've got to run, critical mass time. Hopefully this is useful.

            ///> \fn
> >         static void
> >         assign(char_type& __c1, const char_type& __c2)

versus not doing anything.....

-benjamin