Re: Concept-checking code on branch

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 11:15:10AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
> | The concept-checking code is turned on for the branch.
> |
> | Is this intentional?

Well... not really; we discussed this on the list recently.  The real
problem you're seeing is that the code on the branch is the old code.

I think what we had agreed on was that, during the upcoming/eventual partial
merge, the new code would replace the old code, and be turned off on the
branch.[*]  The turning-off would take place as part of the merge.

It's my personal hope that the code is debugged enough to be on by default
for 3.1, and (pipe dreaming here I'm sure) useful enough to tell 3.0
users who are having problems, "well, you might try turning this on and
see what happens."

Phil
[*] It occurs to me that there's currently no way for a user to /enable/
    the (new implementation) code.