RE: Where is 'ios'/'ios_base'?

If I am not wrong the Red Hat gcc 2.96 series uses the old libstdc++-v2
or some development version of libstdc++v3 which does not have proper
support for the new templatised std iostreams. It fakes it using the old
(non templatised) ARM iostreams. Am I correct? ... I guess you'd need to
build and use the current CVS libstdc++v3.
And Oh BTW when is libstdc++v3 and GCC 3.0 expected to be released? I
know that nobody can say anything firm given the nature of it and that
its all voluntary but still some ballpark estimate? Something to go by
and clutch at? :)
Thanks,
Shiv