Re: C++ vs. AIX -ansi

David Edelsohn wrote:
>         Actually, my suggestions were either:
>
> 1) separate CPP_SPEC for C and C++
Yes, I meant 'via the spec' - i'd forgotten that that would mean separate
cpp specs for c & c++.

>         I specifically *do not* want to add more defines to the
> preprocessor command line.  That is the incorrect assumption which is
> causing these problems.
I 100% agree.

Mark wrote:
> Another approach would simply be not to use -ansi in the testsuite
> when running `make check-g++'.  That might be simplest, in the short
> term.  Then, everyone could run tests, and it actually makes sense to
> test the default options most heavily.  Then, if users want to use
> -ansi, they may find it doesn't work some places -- but they can
> always fall back to *not* using -ansi.
No no no no no :-)
if g++ 3.0 has the behaviour that `g++ -ansi -pedantic' is incompatible
with something like
	#include <stdlib.h>
	#include <vector> // whatever
it's *broken*.

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'