Re: ctor_copy_dtor.cc still consuming outrageous amounts of memory

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 08:49:07PM +0000, Nix wrote:

> > The three failing tests are the usual map/set operators, and a runtime
> > failure of 27_io/ios_base_members_static.
>
> This seems to be unrelated to memory consumption; I get that with memory
> limits of 256Mb. The test's just not returning the right answer (and
> failing `conventionally'), I think.

Oh, absolutely.  They've been failing for a while.

> >                                           Sweet.  Do we want to increase
> > the memory limit that much, however?  We started at 2MB for a reason.
>
> I dunno. I'll try running with 8Mb as the limit and see if anything
> extra fails. A search downwards towards 2Mb looking for the lowest limit
> which works seems right.

Yeah, somewhere on my list of things to do is a binary search between
3MB and 16MB, to discover where a bunch of tests start failing on, say,
GNU/Linux, and then add a hundred K or so, and see what happens.  No time
for it in the next couple days, however.

The exact limit doesn't strike me as a very critical thing, and as you say,
it's even less important until the dejagnu switch is finished.  As long
as the computer isn't curled up under the table whimpering whenever we
run ctor_copy_dtor, we're okay.  :-)

Phil