Re: cpplib: Fix __cplusplus definition

While cleaning out my mailbox, I found that old discussion that Neil
discovered in Google.  There was also a followup from Zack at the time:

> Would extending STDC_0_IN_SYSTEM_HEADERS help here?  Presently on
> Solaris cpp causes __STDC__ to be 1 in user code and 0 in system headers.
> It would be easy to apply that to __cplusplus as well, so it would be
> 199711L in user code and 1 or 0 in the headers.

Neil, did you see this in the archives?  Does it still apply?

Is this the way we want to go?  I'm still wavering between "try to make
use of their attempt at standards compliance" and "just subvert the whole
mess to our indomitable will".

Phil