Re: ctor_copy_dtor.cc still consuming outrageous amounts of memory

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 12:11:09AM +0000, Nix wrote:
> Despite Zack's plaint in October, it's still going bananas; 1Gb virtual
> set size is a little over the top.

The plaint wasn't ignored; it had been bugging people for weeks before
then.  There is logic in mkcheck.in to limit the amount of memory used by
each test, and it was working for a time.  (In fact it worked too well;
we had to increase the limit to 3MB to get some of the tests to pass.)
It's a call to the 'ulimit' builtin.

For some reason it doesn't seem to be having an effect these days.  I don't
know why.  And I don't know when it started.  At any rate, I'd rather fix
the problem than kill the tests.

Which platform are you using?