Re: AIX I/O failures

[...]

| But, hey, not my call -- see earlier post:
|
|   If my "opaque" hacks cause people to be sufficiently appalled that
|   they do something cleaner, and thereby satisfy the goal, I will be not
|   all embarssed -- even if not one line of the code I wrote remains! :-)
|
| My job is to get a release of the compiler and the library out the
| door.  For now, I'll check in the patch, and let y'all sort it out
| afterwards. :-)

Well, I'm not there to get in the way of the release.
If the rest of V3 team think your patch is OK with them then check it
in.

I don't think that the extra-indirection for cout is noticeable though.

| In the meantime, people can make progress testing and fixing other
| problems on AIX, which is the important thing.

There was another working solution (but you didn't like it :-)

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com