Re: getting bool in 'C' code...

> I was just recompiling my binutils and it appears to fail because
> it's internal 'boolean' enum clashes with bool. Surely bool shouln't
> even come into gcc's mind about when compiling a 'c' file....
> anyone know what's happening?

I'm a bit without context here. What exactly are you compiling, what
is the exact error message, and why are you posting it to the
libstdc++ list?

You are right that there are is no builtin boolean type in the gcc C
front-end, unless you explicitly include <stdbool.h> (which was
introduced by C99).

Regards,
Martin