Re: slices ; Stroustrup & libstdc++

> > I submited a defect, a long time ago. It was considered NAD and
> > classified as a request for extension -- what I think it is not.  If
> > you feel that it is indeed a defect then I'll encourage you to send a
> > note to the committee. You'll have my support.
>
>   thanks.  but what's NAD, and how does one submit a defect report?

Not A Defect.

FYI, Gaby has been working on trying to resolve the bugs in the standard
WRT valarray. You might want to check out the library issues list website
(I believe the address was posted on the thread about autoptr) and check
out more info.

public websites that have info on known defects (library issues lists):
http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/
http://www.comeaucomputing.com/iso/

this newsgroup has more info on the standard and standarization process:

here's the FAQ for this newsgroup
http://reality.sgi.com/austern_mti/std-c++/faq.html

-benjamin