Redirecting cerr, cout to a file.

I looked in the FAQ for v3, and this one wasn't in there.  I'm using
assignment in my program to redirect cerr and cout to a file.  I do this for
debugging purposes, as the program uses fork().

This doesn't work using the new libstdc++.  It looks like using assignment for
this is no longer supported.  If that's the case, then how do I redirect cerr
and cout to a file?

--
George T. Talbot
<george at moberg dot com>