Re: libstdc++-v3 copyright holder change

I just read this series of messages from March.  Does this licensing
change mean that any program that _uses_ the Standard C++ Library will
itself fall under the GPL, versus the LGPL where a program that _uses_ the
Standard C++ Library does not have to fall under the GPL?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question--I've often found this aspect of
these licenses confusing.  Also, sorry if this question comes a little
late in the game--I've been "off list" for a few weeks.

--
George T. Talbot
<george at moberg dot com>