Re: Configure support for 'long long'

> Much of it did.  The missing bits are in a separate patch.

Okay I see it now, thanks!

> Sorry ... I've checked the docs and I can't find any policy that
> testsuite additions are required for specific types of changes.  But
> now that you mention it, I do see a need for 'long long' tests.

Good. So do I.

Doing so makes it easier for me to see what you've changed. It also
protects this change from future modifications affecting it negatively.

Nuff said. I suppose this could be elaborated, but seems obvious.

> > A cygnus automake (confusingly numbered 1.4 but different than the 1.4
> > net release) is needed to run automake on the v3 distro. I'll put it
> > up in the ftp directory so that people besides the maintainers have
> > access to it if people so desire.
>
> Yes, please!

I'll do this and post when it's done.

> Are Cygnus's automake changes not acceptable for the main automake
> distribution, or has no one gotten a round tuit for merging them?

Tom wants more in the next release than just these fixes. And a general
lack of time. Who knows....

thanks
Benjamin