This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: More problems building libstdc++-v3 on Alpha
- To: stdc++ <libstdc++ at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: More problems building libstdc++-v3 on Alpha
- From: Brent Verner <brent at rcfile dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:11:06 -0500
- References: <10012291548.AA03313@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On 29 Dec 2000 at 10:48 (-0500), Richard Kenner wrote:
| I kludged around the problems that require GNU as and the next problem was
| that include/bits/ctype_*.h were somehow coming from the AIX directory.
| I kludged that by manually changing the symlinks into the "generic"
| Now I get this:
hmmm. I saw numerous errors as well, but not this one. FWIW, I got a mostly
successful build by.
0) 20001225 snapshot configured with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/opt-cvs
1) kludging the atomicity asm.
2) modifying the aix c_type header so it would compile. (note: i'm not
certain that these modifications were correct, since I got a whole
bunch of other errors). basically, I removed the __OBJ_DATA macro
from the aix c_type header, and made other minor modifications to
use the mask array used in sys/localedef.h.
after what appeared to be a good build, I got _tons_ of 'ignoring duplicate
symbol' warnings from ar, and at run time, there were _tons_ of undefined
symbol errors from the /sbin/loader. I'm really lost at this point, since
I know little of Alpha's native tools, and what might be the cause of the
'duplicate symbol' warnings and subsequent missing symbol errors.
wishing I could help.