Re: Building libstdc++

On 25 Dec 2000 at 20:00 (-0500), Richard Kenner wrote:
|     Of course, your best bet would be to install gnu as from the binutils
|     package, or if it is installed, massage your PATH to make it visible
|     before the digital as[01].
|
| I don't *want* to install GNU as.  GCC is supposed to work without it.

understood. the following patch removes the .subsection and .previous
directives. would you let me know how this works if you try it. I
sympathize with you, since I hit the assembler wall (along with some
unresolved 32->64 bit issues :o) working on postgres on a system
without gnu as.

I'm not sure about the official position, but I think libstdc++ should
work w/o GNU as, also. If removing the offending asm directives works
for you perhaps there is a gcc macro available so we could

#if defined(__GNU_AS__)
  ".subsection 1\n"
#endif

later.