This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: armv4l bootstrap problem in libstdc++-v3
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: armv4l bootstrap problem in libstdc++-v3
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Dec 2000 18:20:33 +0000
- Cc: stewart at netwinder dot org, rearnsha at arm dot com, mmitchel at codesourcery dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200012211755.JAA10140@elmo.cygnus.com>
>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Clifton <email@example.com> writes:
> Hi Jason,
> : I think that the bug is that we are setting TREE_PARMLIST on actual
> : parameter lists; it is only useful to distinguish between semi-parsed
> : parameter declarations and semi-parsed expressions. Once we have fully
> : parsed the parm list, it serves no purpose.
> : Other opinions?
> This seems correct. I developed a patch yesterday that fixes the
> problem, although I am not sure if it is the right solution:
Right, I was responding to your analysis (thanks!). I think your patch is
more of a workaround; the proper fix would be to not set (or at least not
expect) TREE_PARMLIST on lists of PARM_DECLs.