RE: wstring support?

> ah. I just compiled my gcc (22 nov 2000) with --enable-cstdio=libio. I take it
> that this'll be broken?

shouldn't be. I've done builds with this configury, and it's fine (as of
sunday.)

> What work needs to be done to get wide-char funcs
> working with the new abi?

mostly, i need to finish up locale.

secondly, wchar_t needs to be selectively enabled on targets that support
it, instead of what happens currently (new abi == stdio interface == no
wchar_t specializations.)

None of these things are insurmountable, it's just a question of time. At
the moment I'm concentrating more on build issues than feature issues.
Hopefully this will be less of a focus once we get the remaining
platforms for gcc-3 working again (HPUX/aix)

-benjamin