This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: wstring support?
- To: Rob Taylor <robt at flyingpig dot com>
- Subject: RE: wstring support?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:54:41 -0800 (PST)
- cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> ah. I just compiled my gcc (22 nov 2000) with --enable-cstdio=libio. I take it
> that this'll be broken?
shouldn't be. I've done builds with this configury, and it's fine (as of
> What work needs to be done to get wide-char funcs
> working with the new abi?
mostly, i need to finish up locale.
secondly, wchar_t needs to be selectively enabled on targets that support
it, instead of what happens currently (new abi == stdio interface == no
None of these things are insurmountable, it's just a question of time. At
the moment I'm concentrating more on build issues than feature issues.
Hopefully this will be less of a focus once we get the remaining
platforms for gcc-3 working again (HPUX/aix)