This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:53:09 -0500
- Cc: Jason Molenda <jason at molenda dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, gdr at codesourcery dot com, libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com, Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- References: <20001208172030.A24233@disaster.jaj.com> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 03:48:51PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > The goals:
> > 0) v3/docs HTML gets moved down to v3/docs/html
> > 1) anything under wwwdocs/libstdc++ is not under v3/docs/html
> > 2) anything under v3/docs/html is not under wwwdocs/libstdc++
> > 2) anything under v3/docs is also available through onlinedocs
> Looks good. I'd perform 0) by means of a repository copy, so that you
> don't lose history, but this is up to you (the libstdc++-v3 folks).
Since A) doc changes are mentioned in the ChangeLog, and B) we've never
needed to back out changes to the docs that I can recall, I'm not too
worried about preserving history on the docs. Also, working inside the
repository (even for docs not code) gives me the shivers.
So I think I'll be doing this the long and safe way. :-) If we need old
docs, we can always checkout an older tag.
Probably start making changes tonight to finish splitting wwwdocs and v3,
and then work on the onlinedocs fun tomorrow. The wwwdocs-cvs list is
going to get a /lot/ of "removal" notices from step 2...
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.