v3/docs/doxygen

[Rich, I dunno if you're subscribed to the list, so you might get 2 copies.]

The CVS server swears to me that we have a 'doxygen' subdir now (although
I think it has lied to me before, possibly for political reasons).
Tomorrow I'll add a "make doxygen" target to the top-level Makefile,
which calls a script residing in docs/doxygen.  For now the script will
just be a placeholder.

I'll try to read over the doxygen documentation at some point soon, too,
although I can't guarantee it... :-|

Phil