Re: slow V3 configures (was Re: ICE during bootstrap.)

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 03:08:02PM -0600, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> > One downside:  it's AC_CACHE_VAL that does the printing of "(cached)".
> > My change means that a cached value still shows on the screen as
> >
> >     checking for _expf declaration... no
> >     checking for _fabsf declaration... no
> >     checking for _floorf declaration... no
> >     checking for _fmodf declaration... no
> >     checking for _frexpf declaration... no
> >     checking for _ldexpf declaration... no
>
> Looks like you are skipping the
>
>   if test x$glibcpp_cv_func_$1_use = x"yes"; then
>     AC_CHECK_FUNCS($1)
>   fi
>
> part, so it's probably not a valid comparison :-)

Without my patch, they still show up as "(cached)... no", so I'm not sure
what you're comparing them to.  Skipping CHECK_FUNCS is the whole point.
:-)  The echoing of the "yes/no" result has always been done by us, not
by configure (which is unusual, but that's how it goes).