This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: slow V3 configures (was Re: ICE during bootstrap.)
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: slow V3 configures (was Re: ICE during bootstrap.)
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:53:57 -0800 (PST)
- cc: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>, Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com
> Those LANG_SAVE and LANG_RESTORE are what contribute the extra
> three-quarters of a banana. :-)
phil perhaps you could be persuaded to revisit this problem, since it
appears you've looked at it closely.
testing a limited subset of functions is something I'm not interested in
exploring: historically, this type of change has been a disaster.
Following phil's advice and changing to
test and cache
seems like the best approach.