Re: Doxygen - another sample, preliminary comments

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 11:09:10AM +1100, Rich Churcher wrote:

> For this reason, I'm tending towards leaving the current source
> untouched and doing everything from a separate directory.  Maybe we
> could use a configure switch to prevent the docs being generated, if
> desired.  This would allow for those who dislike the Doxygen approach,
> and those die-hards who always do everything from the source code <g>

It would be trivial to add --enable-doxygen (or --disable, if we want them
done by default).  This could conditionally add a 'doxygen' directory
to the top-level SUBDIRS in Makefile.am, and a doxygen/Makefile to the
AC_OUTPUT list in configure.in.  That Makefile can do whatever we need,
like running shell commands, or a script if it gets that complicated.

If we need everything in a separate directory, that might be the easiest
way to go.  If we don't, then there are some "smaller" solutions.

Phil