Re: Which threads for default? (was Re: make check with libstdcxx broken)

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 09:26:04PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Nov  4, 2000, Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> wrote:
>
> > Defaulting to posix seems the only reasonable choice right now.  I will
> > do that unless somebody complains loudly and soon.
>
> IMO, the best thing to do is to arrange for GCC to print the thread
> package selected when it was built, so that other libraries can just
> query this info from GCC.  Far better than having each library
> configured with potentially different options, and much saner.  IMHO
> :-)

I agree, but I don't know how to make GCC do that.  :-)  I can teach myself,
but it'll have to wait until the other stuff gets finished first.  In the
lack of direct compiler support like you suggest (and considering that posix
threads are the only ones that will work anyhow), I still think we need
a reasonable default.  Or an error if threads aren't explicitly specified.