Re: V3 PATCH: Use -rpath, not --rpath, when testing

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 02:42:12AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2000, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> > Since you're a libtool expert, would you mind putting together a patch
> > for libstdc++-v3/mkcheck.in?
>
> I'd only mind if you're in a hurry to get that in.  I'm in quite a
> tight schedule right now, and I don't expect to have time to look into
> this stuff this week :-(

Since I have been making huge rewrites to mkcheck.in over the last few days
(haven't checked them in since one part is still broken), I can take a
shot at this... after finishing up three days of email and the wwwdocs stuff.

One of the changes, btw, was switching --rpath to -R, but of course that
doesn't work on IRIX.

> > (I don't think we really need *everything* static; just libstdc++ if
> > that's easy to arrange.)
>
> It isn't, unless you break libtool's encapsulation and look for
> libstdc++.a.  I don't see any value in testing both static and shared
> versions; I'd rather just defer to whatever choices the builder makes
> at configure time (i.e., --enable or --disable-shared).

Another of my changes was for configure.in to SUBST the enable_shared and
enable_static results, and for mkcheck.in to be aware of them and only
test the libraries which are enabled (both, of course, by default).

Phil