Re: V3 PATCH: Use -rpath, not --rpath, when testing

    Benjamin> Great news about the irix port, Mark! Thanks for
    Benjamin> pitching in.

    >> Since V3 is all libtoolized, why not use libtool here?  The
    >> current scheme isn't going to work well on systems (like
    >> Solaris) that don't use -rpath; Solaris uses -R instead, IIRC.

    Benjamin> I'm unsure of what you're getting at here. Can you
    Benjamin> explain what you mean by "use libtool here?" If there's
    Benjamin> a less kludgey way to do this, using libtool, then let's
    Benjamin> do it.

We're building and linking a program, and it involves shared
libraries, and libtool is supposed to be good for that, right?

Something like:

  libtool -mode=link [-all-static] -rpath $LIB_PATH ...

I thought libtool by magic changes the -rpath into whatever is
appropriate for the target.  Isn't that right?