Re: Supporting --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs

Here is a simplified version of the patch for src/Makefile.am.  The
earlier version added '/' to the end of several files.  I had thought
these were necessary because of some problems I was having with the
install-sh script, but it turned out that the problem was with libtool
instead.  I have removed these and rebuilt the compiler and library
without any problems.

======== patch for libstdc++-2.90.8/src/Makefile.am  =========

*** Makefile.am	Fri Mar 24 16:18:57 2000
--- Makefile.am.new	Mon Oct 16 12:28:45 2000
***************
*** 26,41 ****

  # Cross compiler and multilib support.
  # Install a library built with a cross compiler in tooldir, not libdir.
! if USE_LIBDIR
! toolexeclibdir = $(libdir)$(MULTISUBDIR)
! else
  toolexecdir = $(exec_prefix)/$(target_alias)
! toolexeclibdir = $(toolexecdir)/lib$(MULTISUBDIR)
  endif

  toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = libstdc++.la

-
  # We have a problem when building the shared libstdc++ object if the
  # rules automake generates would be used.  We cannot allow CXX to be used
  # in libtool since this would add -lstdc++ to the link line which of
--- 26,46 ----

  # Cross compiler and multilib support.
  # Install a library built with a cross compiler in tooldir, not libdir.
! if USING_CROSS_COMPILER
  toolexecdir = $(exec_prefix)/$(target_alias)
! toolexeclibdir = $(exec_prefix)/$(target_alias)/lib$(MULTISUBDIR)
! else
! if VERSION_SPECIFIC_LIBS
! gcc_version = @gcc_version@
! toolexecdir = $(libdir)/gcc-lib/$(target_alias)
! toolexeclibdir = $(toolexecdir)/$(gcc_version)
! else
! toolexeclibdir = $(libdir)$(MULTISUBDIR)
! endif
  endif

  toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = libstdc++.la

  # We have a problem when building the shared libstdc++ object if the
  # rules automake generates would be used.  We cannot allow CXX to be used
  # in libtool since this would add -lstdc++ to the link line which of
***************
*** 197,203 ****
  # We cannot use the default rules to install headers since we cannot
  # statically decide which headers to install.  So we have our own special
  # installation routine here.
! myincludep = $(DESTDIR)$(includedir)/g++-v3/

  install: myinstallheaders

--- 202,220 ----
  # We cannot use the default rules to install headers since we cannot
  # statically decide which headers to install.  So we have our own special
  # installation routine here.
! if GXX_INCLUDE_DIR
!    myincludep = @gxx_include_dir@/
! else
! if VERSION_SPECIFIC_LIBS
!    myincludep = $(libdir)/gcc-lib/$(target_alias)/$(gcc_version)/include/g++/
! else
! if LIBSTDCXX_INTERFACE
!    myincludep = $(prefix)/include/g++-@libstdcxx_interface@/
! else

======== End of patch for src/Makefile.am  =========

--
## Mark Harig
## Landmark Systems, Reston, Virginia, USA