Re: AIX status

	I did not receive a direct reply from you, which would have
helped.

	Defining _POSIX_SOURCE and _XOPEN_SOURCE in os_defines.h is a
particularly bad approach for AIX because that means os_defines.h needs to
continuously track the AIX headers instead of allowing the AIX headers to
set the correct value.  The ifndef definition of _POSIX_SOURCE in libio
needs to go and targets should include the ifndef definition in
os_defines.h.

	The __foo_t approach will work for types, thanks.

	@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ *is* referenced in the Makefiles, e.g.,

$(srcdir)/Makefile.in: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ Makefile.am $(top_srcdir)/configure.in $(ACLOCAL_M4)
        cd $(top_srcdir) && $(AUTOMAKE) --cygnus libio/Makefile

which produces errors.  I manually need to edit the Makesfiles
substituting "#M#".

David