RE: wcout oddness

> I mean
> std::cout <<"test\n";
> flushes
>
> ..and
> std::wcout << L"test\n"

fyi this does not guarantee a flush.

> endl works fine in both cases, of course, but I've got quite a bit of code
> floating around here that assumes that '/n' will flush cout that i want to
> convert to wcout, and I don't relish the prospect of sticking std::endl
> everywhere.... ;)

...endl does explictly call flush though. This is per the standard...

> #include <iostream>
> main()
> {
> std::wcout << L"test\n";
> }

however......the destruction of this (wide) stream should also flush. So,
something wrong with the current (wide) clean up code.

I'll look into it: thanks.

Do you happen to have example code that uses UTF8 conversions? If so, can
you send it to me?

-benjamin