RE: man

hello everyone,

thank you for your replies. i'm afraid i didn't explain myself very well on
my first message; i was actually talking about having a short reference
guide to the c++  library, exactly like Martin said about the c library. the
reason for this is i spent most of last week roaming through g++ and
subdirectories trying to figure out dependencies between classes - and all
just because i wanted to use the stat function but through g++ streams. i
ended up drawing an uml class diagram with notes scribbled everywhere, and
when i _finally_ understood everything required there was a bug in g++ that
caused segfault. it all ended with me in emacs reading the stat man page and
thinking: why do c++ users have to suffer so much more than c users? until
now, perhaps because there was no standard so not much of a point of having
proper documentation. hey, don't take me wrong, i'm like luke - read the
source :-) but reading things like bastring.h can drive you mad sometimes...

sorry for the ranting, but i hope its clearer now what i meant. if there is
no work in this field at the moment, i'm interested in doing something about
it as i find the situation most annoying. because i wasn't sure if someone
else was doing it, i didnt write my initial drafts for the page format
(which sections i consider important, mainly); if this list is the place to
do it, please let me know.

__soup_dragon__

"Ostinato rigore."
Leonardo Da Vinci