Re: Collation implementation

> As for volunteering... I'm available, and you? :-)

No, unfortunately, I'm not. I'm willing to give helpful and other
comments, but that's about it :-(

> What about asking Ulrich about the state/stability of the current glibc
> CVS implementation of locales (as I said, collation support seems to be in
> flux...)?

If you want to start from the glibc code, you certainly should talk to
Ulrich first. It wouldn't exactly be forking, as the two libraries
would serve different purposes. Of course, synchronisation would be
good - but that is a frequent problem in the GNU world: it happens for
gettext/libintl, autoconf/config.guess, libiberty, and many other
things. Some place eventually gets declared as the master source, and
the others have to synchronize from that.

Regards,
Martin