--enable-namespaces, -fhonor-std and libgcc.a

Folks - can I get some clarification about the
above subject.

What *exactly* is needed to get libstdc++ built with
--enable-namespaces to work with gcc-2.95/libgcc.a.

1) Does gcc-2.95.2 have to be built with say
'CFLAGS=-fhonor-std CXXFLAGS=-fhonor-std'
to obtain a valid libgcc.a, that will work with
the std namespace in libstdc++-2.90.7?

If so, what is the correct place to introduce these
flags in the build process, i.e., as I usually
do a make bootstrap, when do I interrupt this and
tell it to build a std-namespace compatible libgcc.a.

2) If I have a gcc 2.95 that was built with no use of
-fhonor-std is it possible to just rebuild a std-compliant
libgcc.a (without rebuilding the whole kaboodle). I still
have my build tree available.

Confused and tks.
Richard