Re: cctype on Solaris (was Re: Re[2]: Announcing libstdc++-2.90.7)

> I am running version 7.
> Incidentally, I have not yet tried to build or run anything with the new
> library on Solaris; I just know that the library can be built and installed
> successfully given the described patch.

right. Ulrich has suggested the following:

"In glibc I have subdirs in the solaris subdir:

        solaris/solaris2.5
        solaris/solaris2.6
        solaris/solaris2.7

But I would spend a few minutes looking at other SysV systems first
(e.g., Unixware).  They might have a similar layout and then naming
the files solarisSOMETHING is probably not the best."

So, since CVS has solaris/xxx being solaris2.6, the stuff in the solaris
directory should be moved to solaris2.6, and then a new set of config
files should be done for solaris2.7, and then for 2.5.

And then autconf should be adjusted to take account of this new structure.

-benjamin