Re: g++-v3 coming with gcc-2.95.2 ?

 Felix Natter <f.natter@ndh.net> wrote:

> hi,
> when I installed gcc-2.95.2, it created a directory
> "prefix/include/g++-3";
> does that mean that a version of libstdc++-v3
> is distributed with gcc 2.95.2 ?

Kind of.  It'd be more but not entirely accurate to say that gcc 2.9x
distributes a slightly newer version of the older library.  This libstdc++-v3
is a complete rewrite; what's shipped with gcc is not worked on much and
seems to get the bare minimum of attention to keep it not-quite-dead until
this project is done.

When libstdc++-v3 is installed, it creates prefix/include/g++-v3/
                                                              ^
                                                              | note 'v'
so you can tell the difference that way.

Phil