Valarray

First of all, I'm a little confused as to the relative state of development, in
stable release, latest CVS, and on my system. I have a GCC 2.7.2.3 in /usr/bin
but have been using egcs then GCC 2.95 then 2.95.1 in /usr/local/bin for half a
year. I've installed snapshots of libstdc++-v3 but haven't used them.

So, on this machine, I have GCC 2.95.1, and the source to libstdc++-2.90.6.

Can someone summarize for me, where current development is? What is the version
of the standard library in GCC? I only see a valarray in
/usr/local/include/g++-3, is that correct? If so, the naming confuses me.

What changes have occurred in valarray since GCC 2.95.1? It seems that
tanh(valarray) isn't available, and I don't see it in libstdc++-2.90.6's
valarray either. Has this been reported or fixed? See bits/valarray_meta.h:944
for details.

Why doesn't valarray use more macro shenanigans (like _DEFINE_BINARY_OPERATOR(+,
plus)) to declare the operators within the class? See bits/std_valarray.h:140
for details.

Similarly, why aren't the function objects defined using macros in the same
fashion? See bits/stl_function.h:49 for details.

P.S. Not related to libstdc++-v3, has anyone had any experience wrapping
functors/valarray in more OO fashion, for dynamic binding and persistence? I've
been playing with that recently, and wouldn't mind comparing notes.

P.P.S There's no easy way to discover the address of this list from the
homepage.
--
Marc Lepage
Software Developer