Re: basic_ios::exceptions(iostate) patch

Benjamin wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Ryszard Kabatek wrote:
> > BTW The ios_base::exceptions member functions are public,
> > perhaps they should be made protected?
>
> ... do only derived classes call the exceptions member functions?

Actually in ios_base it should be called _M_exceptions().  We could add
an inline public member exceptions() that calls _M_exceptions(), but it
would need to be guarded with a CPP "GNU extensions" flag.

We need to assign a name for such a flag, or several, and wrap all
the non-standard extensions (e.g. the STL stuff not in ext/).

Nathan Myers
ncm@cantrip.org