Step-By-Step Build Instructions for MinGW gcc/gcj 3.4 Compilers

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Mon Jul 28 14:32:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

I've only skimmed your other posts. I'll read them in more
detail later. I applaud you on your efforts to improve this
process.

>I've just checked my 3.3 binary deployment in /usr/local/gcc/3.3, when I stumped into
>the whopping 179.4 Mb needed for the lib directory alone.
>
>Now, I guess some double counting (by vanity Nautilus) of symbolic links could be
>involved, but still. The sheer size of the GCC deployment could be an impediment to
>rsyncing.

FYI: Once you place a file on SF, you can't delete it! You should factor
this consideration into your plans.

3.4 executables still crash. I'm looking into this, but probably will
have limited time this week. Let me know if you want a variation
of my scripts which actually build a previous version of something usable
so you can use it as a basis for your initial efforts.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/