crosscompiled apps wont run

Taras taras.judge@shaw.ca
Sun Jul 27 02:21:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
I got rid of all of my old binutils & gcc files and rebuilt the mingw
crosscompiler from scratch.I used the compile options posted in the previous
emails.

Now it works. At least the c crosscompiler produces valid windows executables.

GCJ on the other hand produces invalid executables. Here is what I get when I
try to run my hello world java app with wine.

wine a.exe
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT_signal (11 0x4014bc):stub
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT_signal (8 0x4014ec):stub
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT_signal (11 (nil)):stub
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr
0xffffffff

I compiled with
mingw32-gcj Mry.java  --main=Mry

This is my sourcefile.

public class Mry{
        public static void main(String arg[]){
                System.out.println("Yo");
        }
}

Any idea how to get a working gcj crosscompiler going?

Or maybe Mohan could post a linux binary tarball along with his windows
release :)

Taras