installing GCJ 3.3 and deploying executables constructed with it

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 14:26:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 12:08, Erik Poupaert wrote:
> I am not very interested in the jars generated by eclipse. I create jars with
> fastjar; and it is up to the Eclipse people to figure out why they are not
> compatible, if they are interested in finding out. Eclipse is not needed in any way.
> It may be useful to the afficionados, but is not an essential piece of software in
> any way. In fact, in my opinion it is an evolutionary dead end. Its only tangible
> contribution, as far as I'm concerned, is the SWT library.

I disagree for a number of reasons, but there's really no point
discussing this.  I mainly wanted to mention that another separable and
useful piece of software is the Java compiler in Eclipse.  Building it
with gcj produces a fast, high quality bytecode compiler.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc.