[Fwd: Re: patch to ignore SIGPWR and SIGXCPU (used by pthreads)]

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Mon Jan 21 08:50:00 GMT 2002

Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> Ideally the GC should just use "real-time" signals for the thread
> suspend/resume on systems which support them. GDB won't stop on an RT
> signal. Linux didn't support them until a few years ago but it should be
> easy enough to do a configure test instead of the "# if
> defined(GC_HPUX_THREADS) || defined(GC_OSF1_THREADS)" that is currently
> done in boehm-gc/linux_threads.c.

Is this easy to fix?  I have no idea how to use "real-time signals".
I really would like to fix either the Java runtime or gdb so people
debugging Java programs don't have to issue 'handle' commands.  That
is just not acceptable.
--
	--Per Bothner