Type not found

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Fri Dec 17 15:18:00 GMT 1999

Paul Reilly wrote:

> During my compile of libgcj, I'm getting these error messages:
>
> I'm not sure quite how to fix them.  I created ObjectInput and
> ObjectOutput and they compile into ObjectInput.lo and ObjectOutput.lo
> just fine.  I'm wondering if I somehow need to reference these two
> files when compiling Externalizable, but I couldn't find an example
> where this is done elsewhere in the libgcj compile.  Any info is much
> appreciated.

First, it may seem obvious, but make sure that the new classes are declared "package java.io;"

Second, you should add the new classes to the namespace declarations in libjava/gcj/javaprims.h (you can use the classes.pl script to generate the declarations automatically). I don't think this is the problem, but its required for the class to be visible from CNI (this only
applies for some "core" packages like java.lang, java.util, java.io).

regards

  [ bryce ]