Re: Question about git: merging to gccgo branch

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I don't want to send 581 e-mails.  I would be happy not sending any
> e-mails at all.  I would also be happy sending 1 e-mail.

This is the issue we've discussed in
<https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks/issues/9> and the messages linked
from there.

Until we have a proper fix not to send emails for the commits being
merged, I've increased that limit to 1000 for GCC, as it doesn't seem
useful to make people split the commits merged into batches of at most
100.  I've also disabled the check for the default commit message for
merge commits, since it seems that wasn't being useful in practice for
branches where merges are appropriate and a separate check prevents merge
commits on master and release branches.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com