GCC Multi-Threading Ideas

Greetings All,

Unfortunately due to me being rather busy with school and other things I will not be able to post my article to the wiki for awhile. However there is a  rough draft here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1po_RRgSCtRyYgMHjV0itW8iOzJXpTdHYIpC9gUMjOxk/edit
that may change a little for people to read in the meantime.

Please forgive me if there are grammar errors due to it being a draft. However, the discussion needs to continue in terms of long term and GSoC planning in terms of this project. In addition, Richard mentioned something similar to async workqueues but the biggest issue isn't the garbage collector. The bigger issue is how do we work around IPO passes and order them in order to avoid missed optimizations. Further more I've been thinking about it on and off, but it seems that there will be issues/compromise  no matter what. Therefore due to this, the community at large will need to decide what policies we will have about IPO in a multi-threaded gcc including IPA passes.

If there are any questions about the draft let me know or ideas about the IPO ordering issues including IPA passes you can contact me here.

Sorry for not keeping you up to date as much after Cauldron,
Nick