Re: git conversion in progress

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> Am 11.01.20 um 15:39 schrieb Joseph Myers:
> > This conversion is now in place, read-only for checking purposes.  I've
> > done all the usual validation, including in particular checking branch
> > tips and tags against SVN.
>
> Is checkout via git+ssh supposed to work for this?  It does not for me
> (something about public key rejected), but then I am a complete novice
> at using git, so I am more or less doing vodoo git here.

If your sourceware username is different from your local username, you
either need to put username@ in the URL (as described in gitwrite.html),
or put something like

Host gcc.gnu.org
User <your-sourceware-username>

in your .ssh/config (I prefer the .ssh/config approach, then you never
need to put the username in the URL).

One thing to note that we need to add to gitwrite.html is to set up git's
notion of your name and email address,

git config --global user.name "Your Name"
git config --global user.email "Your Email Address"

if you don't already have that in ~/.gitconfig.  If the name or email
address you want to use for contributing to GCC are different from those
in ~/.gitconfig - if you want to use different details in different git
repositories - then do such configuration without --global in your GCC
checkout to set the name/email address to use when working in that clone.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com