Re: GIT: Monotonically increasing trunk and release branch ids

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:09:08PM +0400, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > > As it is short, could it be something we'd put as first thing in the gcc-cvs
> > > mail subjects (of course, only for trunk and release branch commits; like
> > > the current svn mails start with rNNNNNN - ), and somewhere before or after the hash
> > > in the body which also makes it into bugzilla?
> >
> > This seems like another thing that would need new features in the
> > hooks to support configuring email subjects and contents like that.
>
> Can you describe a little more what you are looking for?

So, the current SVN mails are like:
Subject: r280117 - in /trunk/libstdc++-v3: ChangeLog tes...
To: gcc-cvs@gcc.gnu.org

Author: redi
Date: Fri Jan 10 15:27:50 2020
New Revision: 280117

Log:
libstdc++: Fix testcase for C++98 compatibility

        * testsuite/25_algorithms/equal/deque_iterators/1.cc: Don't use C++11
        initialization syntax.

Modified:
    trunk/libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog
    trunk/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/25_algorithms/equal/deque_iterators/1.cc

and the body is what is added into the bugzilla.
Now, looking at the git test mail, I see: