Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 4:38 AM Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:
>
> > Two more.
> >
> > git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-6a.git
> > git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-6b.git
>
> Two more.
>
> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-7a.git
> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-7b.git
>
> These have further accumulated improvements, especially identifying more
> merge commits, many improved author attributions, and many improved commit
> summaries / PR number fixups from Richard's scripts.  We're working on
> identifying further cases where author attributions can be safely
> improved.

A few comments about my commits (and others).
* SVN r133438 had the wrong PR # used but it was fixed with SVN r133439.
* SVN r134947, only has one commit associated with it but with new
testcases too.
** Maybe just use the non testsuite/ChangeLog reference as the subject line.
** Also I Noticed the author for that revision is detected as
pinskia@gcc.gnu.org but that is because I used different cases for the
emails in the changelog.
*** Maybe always using lower case for the email part.
* SVN r160418, does not detect me as the main author or even detect
Shujing's email.
** the changelog entry below what was added had a minor whitespace change to it
* SVN r211205, does not detect my email address correctly
** I had a typo in the date format (014-06-03 when it should have been
2014-06-03)

I don't care if these minor issues don't get fixed, but I suspect
fixing them will help fix other issues; I don't know if these have
been fixed yet.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski