Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020, Joseph Myers wrote:

> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-7a.git
> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-7b.git

I have not had a substantial commit to gcc [or, likely, post to this
list] in a decade THUS a warm howdy to anyone still around from
1999-2009.  Every "git log" entry for my commits looked fine.  There
were two odd cases, but both now make sense to me.  My first commit's
Author line (1999) contains a physical machine name (but it correctly
matches the contemporary Changelog entry).  The second odd case took
more time to understand:

In gcc-reposurgeon-7a, commit hash 16fc918929 ; I corrected a prior
Changelog (for 89903bf801).  I would not expect any version control
system translation process to look ahead for such textual changes to a
side-maintained ChangeLog file but I was somewhat stumped on why the
ChangeLog text did not match the "git log" text.

Regards,
Loren