Re: Branch and tag deletions

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > Sure, we could do that.  Eric, can you confirm that, with current
> > reposurgeon, if a branch or tag was deleted in SVN and does not appear in
> > the final revision of /branches or /tags, it should not appear in the
> > resulting converted repository, so that any cases where reposurgeon fails
> > to reflect such a deletion-in-SVN should be reported as a reposurgeon bug?
>
> Confirmed.

Thanks.

My current test conversion run is testing two changes: deleting
emptycommit tags, and using --user-ignores to prefer the .gitignore file
in SVN over one auto-generated from svn:ignore properties.  For the next
one after that I'll try eliminating all branch/tag removals that shouldn't
be doing anything, based on the current sets of branches and tags in SVN,
and report bugs if I see anything appearing in the converted repository
that shouldn't be.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com