Questions about where to find information on IPO state in GCC

Greetings Richard,
After looking through the current work on multi-threading seems that we can scale better with a workqueue strategy sharing and launching depending on how state is
shared between the GCC passes.

I'm not very familiar with all the details of how state is share in the GIMPLE,RTL or
SSA passes so I was wondering where to find information on this. The manual
only seems to mention the pass manager and its interactions with passes for running
them.

Thanks,
Nick