Re: GCC wwwdocs move to git done

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:25:30PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 01:28, Joseph Myers wrote:
I've done the move of GCC wwwdocs to git (using the previously posted and
discussed scripts), including setting up the post-receive hook to do the
same things previously covered by the old CVS hooks, and minimal updates
to the web pages dealing with the CVS setup for wwwdocs.

Thanks, Joseph.

+1

I would like to be able to preview changes to the website by using it
from a local
webserver.  I realise that individual pages can be viewed in a
browser / validated
by uploading - but it would be nice to check connectivity etc.

At the moment, I can’t identify the “mhc” program that is used in
preparing the text
(and too many unrelated hits from searches).

I think it's the "metahtml" processor:

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/metahtml/

The binary is 20 years old and, somehow, the source code used to build
it seems to have disappeared.

Yeah - https://www.gnu.org/software/metahtml/

but the cvs co seems to hang on a lock :(

something to investigate later...
Iain